Operational Mode – TN State of Emergency per Governor Executive
Order No. 50 (through August 29)
Public Meetings through Aug. 29 Per Governor Executive Order No. 51
City of Norris – Emergency Conditions - Full Staff – Full Essential Function
Social Distance for the Public and City Staff to maintain essential functions.
· Public interaction - less than 5 minutes, greater than 6’.
· Those in a high-risk category should limit public contact as much as possible.
· Personal face masks in public (enclosed space) settings may provide added protection when distancing
rules cannot be consistently applied. Caution: Long term use of N95 masks can limit air flow and affect blood oxygen levels. The
effect can be greater for people with compromised respiratory systems. Only cloth or paper masks are recommended for the general
public. Consult with your personal physician regarding mask use if you have a chronic respiratory illness.
· Personal face masks should fit without frequent adjustment. Frequent touching of the mask
and your face increases your exposure risk.
· Personal face masks should be stored in a clean location when not in use. Wearing the mask on your chin or
neck increases the exposure risk when the mask is placed back on your face.
· Entry into enclosed spaces: restaurants, grocery stores, retail stores, etc. involves a higher virus
communication risk than open air spaces. Personal Face Masks are encouraged while in these areas when distancing
rules cannot be consistently applied.
· Direct Contact Public Surfaces: door handles, countertops, chairs, cash money, etc.. Can
have surface contamination. Hand decontamination practices should be applied prior to touching other common surfaces
and especially the face or food/drink being consumed. Gloves do not provide added protection if not correctly removed
and hands are not washed after use.
2. Maintaining A Healthy Lifestyle
· Recreation is important for physical and mental health.
· Meals- nutrition helps with overall health and resistance to illnesses such as COVID-19
· Continue Doctor Visits for critical health issues such as cardio vascular/heart diseases, diabetes,
respiratory diseases, cancer, etc.… Any untreated disease that has a high mortality rate should be addressed
with your doctor before an emergency room visit is needed.
· Manage Stress – Understand and Use your Coping Mechanisms / Respect and Support Others.
Facility Status City Office Hours (Mon-Fri 8:00 to 4:30) City office Phone 865.494.7645
City Office – Operational with Staff Only Access
Police/Fire – Operational with Lobby Only Public Access
Public Works/Animal Shelter – Operational with Staff Only Access
Water/Sewer – Operational with Staff Only Access
– (Picnic Areas, Play Structures- Direct Contact Areas CLOSED)
Tennis Courts OPEN with Occupancy Limit –
No other activities are permitted at that location
Rifle Range OPEN
Norris Dam State Park OPEN
Clear Creek Road OPEN
TVA Public Areas OPEN Unless
otherwise posted - Songbird Trail is OPEN
Greenways, Sidewalks, Footpaths, OPEN with
Social Distancing Rules Applied
The Norris Museum and Recreation Room – CLOSED
The Norris Library is OPEN with
Lions Club Pavilion – CLOSED
High Point, Foresters,
Boundary and Red Hill Trails remain CLOSED due
to earlier rain damage.
Single Track and Double Track Trails are OPEN to hikers, horseback riders, and mountain bikes per existing distancing
rules including parking.