COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) Situation Report (SIT-REP) - 4-14-20
Operational Mode – TN State of Emergency per Governor Executive Order No. 14
TN Mandatory Safer at Home per Governor Order No. 27 Extension to 30 April 2020
City of Norris – Emergency
Conditions - Full Staff – Full Essential Function
Anderson County Positive COVID-19 count is 15
with 9 recoveries and 1 deceased. There are currently no reported cases in the City of Norris.
Testing is now available at the Anderson County Health Department as
well as local hospitals. Screening forms are used to determine if the person requesting a test will be tested. Criteria
includes but is not limited to, recent travel, COVID-19 symptoms, and risk factors.
1. Maintaining Social
Distance for the Public and City Staff to maintain essential functions.
interaction - less than 5 minutes, greater than 6’
· Personal face masks (n95) in public (shared space) settings may provide added protection.
· Households – do not mix with different households
(visits in home, riding in car together for essential activities only)
· Non-Essential meetings or use of city facilities have been suspended beginning Friday
13 March 2020 (except open air green/commons spaces with distance rules observed).
· Parks, Playgrounds, and Picnic spaces have been posted for CLOSURE
Post Office and Archers Food Center floor has been marked with 6’ lines. Other facilities are encouraged to use
the same reminders. 6’ work spaces have been marked in the city office.
· Essential public interface with city staff to pay bills, apply for permits, etc., will
be managed remotely when possible and provide alternatives on a case-by-case basis. Access into the city office will
not be allowed.
Pay Drop Boxes are available outside the City Office and Police Department.
· Intercom systems have been installed at the city office and police department for communication
· Pay On Line is available
for water bills at cityofnorris.com
Facility Status City Office Hours (Mon-Fri 8:00 to 4:30) City office Phone 865.494.7645
City Office – Operational with Staff Only Access
– Operational with Staff Only Access
Shelter – Operational with Staff Only Access
– Operational with Restricted Access (virus is not transmitted in drinking water)
Parks – (Picnic Areas, Play Structures CLOSED)
Tennis Courts OPEN with Occupancy Limit – No other activities are permitted at that location
Rifle Range CLOSED)
Norris Dam State Park CLOSED)
Lower Clear Creek Road CLOSED)
TVA Public Areas Closed as posted
- Songbird Trail and 2 Parking Locations are OPEN
Greenways, Sidewalks, Footpaths, OPEN with Social Distancing Rules Applied
The Norris Museum, Library, Recreation Room – CLOSED
Pavilion – (CLOSED)
Watershed Motorized Trails will
remain closed. Trails are open to hikers, horseback riders, and mountain bikes per
existing distancing rules including parking.
· City Web Site has a page for COVID-19 information (updated as new information is received)
· City Forms have been added to the City Web Site
for public access and printing (once printed and completed contact the city office at 865.494.7645 for processing actions.
· City Manager and Mayor engaged in weekly
status meetings with county managers/mayors via web meetings.
· The City Manager and City Staff meet at least weekly via web meetings.
3. Recommended Public Practices
· Personal Respirators
in public (shared space) settings may provide added protection
· https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6d3twpHwis Video on making a face mask
use of disinfecting wipes, diaper wipes, paper towels, etc., should go into the garbage not the toilet (Thus preventing increased sewer blockages
and worker exposures)
should be bagged for pickup (limit garbage collection staff exposures)
· Garbage being removed from a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 residence should be double
bagged after leaving the residence
contaminated bag contact for the trash collection crew members)
· Don’t hoard supplies!!! Purchase only what you need.
· Limit public interactions, especially non-essential visits to high risk populations
· Limit travel to other households to essential
services only. (limits cross-contamination)
Households should not ride in the same vehicle. (limits cross-contamination)
· Welfare checks on high risk population, especially those living alone
(call or text visit only when necessary)
· Provide support to high risk population (grocery
pickup, mail, bill pays, etc..)
4. City Staff Reduction Planning
plan for essential functions
work shifts to limit co-located worker distanced issues
· Work from home options where available
· Mitigation plan if essential function is temporarily affected
· Mutual Aid Options are in place for Fire, Police, and Water/Sewe
5. Essential City Functions That Will Continue
· Fire – Public Protection (Fire/Rescue/EMS)
· Police – Public Protection (Traffic Accidents/Violent Acts/Aggravated Offenses/Welfare Checks) - Non-critical
reporting and investigations will initially be handled over the phone.
· Public Works (Health and Safety Repair Items/Keep Roadways Open)
· City Office (Payroll/Billing/Bills Payable/Revenue Collection/Vital Records/Communication)
· Garbage Collection (Vendor Supplied)
· Water – Purification and Distribution
(Potable Water/Fire Protection)
– Collection and Treatment
Control of city owned public areas (posting, closures, restricted use and eventually reopen)
6. Web Based Information (available on cityofnorris.com)