Situation Report (SIT-REP) - 3-27-2020
Anderson County Positive COVID-19 count is 4 as of 3:00pm today.
Other known cases are pending and will be included in the TN Health Department web page each day. An escalation of positive
cases is expected in this area. There are currently no reported cases in the City of Norris.
Testing is now available at the Anderson County Health Department as
well as local hospitals. Screening forms are used to determine if the person requesting a test will be tested. Criteria
includes but is not limited to, recent travel, COVID-19 symptoms, and risk factors.
1. 1. Maintaining Social Distance for the
Public and City Staff to maintain essential functions.
Social Distance is defined as:
· Public interaction - less than 5 minutes, greater than 6’
· Households –
do not mix with different households (visits in home, riding in car together for essential activities only)
meetings or use of city facilities have been suspended beginning Friday 13 March 2020 (except open air parks and green/commons
· Parks and open spaces have been posted for distancing and maximum groups of 10. Beginning 3-27-20. If
this does not sufficiently limit group size by the public making good decisions, the areas could be closed as early as next
· The Post Office and Archers Food Center floor has been marked with 6’ lines. Other facilities
are encouraged to use the same reminders.
· Essential public interface with city staff to pay bills, apply for permits, etc., will
be managed remotely when possible and provide alternatives on a case-by-case basis. Access into the city office will
not be allowed.
· Bill Pay Drop Boxes are available outside the City Office and Police Department.
systems have been installed at the city office and police department for communication with staff.
· Pay On
Line is available for water bills at cityofnorris.com
· City Facility Status:
City Office Hours (Mon-Fri 8:00 to 4:30) City office Phone 865.494.7645
Office – Operational with Staff Only Access
Police/Fire – Operational with Staff Only Access
Public Works/Animal Shelter – Operational with Staff Only Access
Water/Sewer – Operational
with Restricted Access (virus is not transmitted in drinking water)
Parks and Commons Areas – Open with Social Distancing
Rules in Place (play structures are not disinfected)
The Norris Museum and Recreation Room – Closed Indefinitely
Lions Club Pavilion – Restrooms Closed Indefinitely (tables are not disinfected)
Watershed Motorized Trails will
remain closed. Trails are open to hikers, horseback riders, and mountain bikes per existing rules.
2. 2. Communications
Web Site has a new page for COVID-19 information
· City Forms have been added to the City Web Site for public access and printing (once printed
and completed contact the city office at 865.494.7645 for processing actions.
· City Manager and Mayor
engaged in weekly status meetings with county managers/mayors via web meetings.
· The City Manager and
City Staff meet at least weekly via web meetings.
3. Recommended Public Practices
use of disinfecting wipes, diaper wipes, paper towels, etc., should go into the garbage not the toilet
(Thus preventing increased sewer blockages and worker exposures)
· Garbage should be bagged for pickup
(limit garbage collection staff exposures)
· Don’t hoard supplies!!! Purchase only what you need.
public interactions, especially non-essential visits to high risk populations
· Welfare checks on high
risk population, especially those living alone
or text visit only when necessary)
· Provide support to high risk population (grocery pickup, mail, bill pays, etc..)
Only use paper face masks when you are the infectious host to limit airborne droplet distribution
4. City Staff Reduction Planning
plan for essential functions
· Work from home options where available
· Mitigation plan if
essential function is temporarily affected
· Mutual Aid Options are in place for Fire, Police, and Water/Sewer
5. Essential City Functions That Will Continue
· Fire –
Public Protection (Fire/Rescue/EMS)
· Police – Public Protection (Traffic Accidents/Violent Acts/Aggravated Offenses/Welfare
Checks) - Non-critical reporting and investigations will initially be handled over the phone.
· Public Works
(Health and Safety Repair Items/Keep Roadways Open)
· City Office (Payroll/Billing/Bills Payable/Revenue
· Garbage Collection (Vendor Supplied)
· Water – Purification
and Distribution (Potable Water/Fire Protection)
· Sewer – Collection and Treatment
6. 6. Web
Based Information (available on cityofnorris.com)